The IT sector in Ireland has always been healthy even in the downturn but lately it has surpassed even industry experts’ expectations with its astonishing growth. IT also offers so many opportunities not only for IT professionals but also supporting staff particularly in sales.
A few vital statistics about the IT sector shows just how vibrant this industry is:
- The IT sector accounts for more than €50 billion worth of exports from Ireland every year.
- As the 2nd largest exporter of IT services in the world, Ireland currently hosts 8 of the top 10 global IT organisations.
- The IT industry’s long-established operations have now been joined by newer firms at the forefront of the internet and social media revolution as well as the games industry.
- Ireland as the European data centre is poised to become a global centre of excellence for Cloud technologies within the coming years.
- The recent announcement that 500 Jobs are targeted at Ireland’s first rural Digital Hub in Co. Cork shows that this growth is not just limited to Dublin. The 10,000 square foot centre is the first of its kind in a non-urban area on the island with the aim of supporting Information Technology start-ups.
Consequently Business Development positions within the IT sector across Ireland are growing in scale!
For both contract and permanent roles, from entry level right up to management levels all across Ireland, Business Development professionals in the IT sector are in great demand.
For more junior IT Business Development roles, employers generally look for a 3rd level degree, however for more senior roles, employers look for a proven track record, achieving targets as well as a network of contacts. Excellent communication skills, presentation skills, coupled with strong commercial acumen, are also high on the list of priorities for employers.
Right now BrightStar-Recruitment is recruiting for:
- A Business Development Executive at an expert in internet consultancy and in enterprise-level software development based in Dublin.
- A Business Development Manager for an IT organisation in Munster.
- A Business Development Manager at an extremely successful software company in Antrim.
- A Business Development Executive at a thriving software company in Antrim.
- A Business Development Manager at an emerging Irish IT start-up in Dublin.
If you feel like your career needs to match the pace of Ireland’s fastest growing sector, look no further than BrightStar-Recruitment.
If you would like to discuss this or other roles further, please contact our recruitment specialists in Dublin, Cork or Belfast.
Dublin – Emma Anglim email@example.com
Cork – Marguerite Brahim firstname.lastname@example.org
Belfast – Sally Campbell email@example.com